Job Title: Team Mentor
Reports to: Managing Director and Teams
Stream Services is an NDIS Registered Provider delivering face to face and Telehealth services throughout regional and remote areas of Australia. We believe that people with a disability living in country areas of Australia deserve access to quality and timely services.
Currently Stream Services support people in the Isaac and Central Highland regions of Queensland. Stream Service’s teams of committed staff focused on person centred care and supports.
Over our recent years of remote service delivery, we have built a strong collaborative relationship and reputation with local communities and the National Disability Insurance Agency.
Stream Services is looking for a Team Mentor. FIFO opportunities exist including travel expenses for the right candidate.
About the role
As a member of the Stream Services mentor and coaching team you provide professional guidance to your team, utilising personal lived experience in mentorship and development of others. Your purpose is to have a one-to-one connection with each support worker and client where necessary to provide the necessary professional services to ensure compliance and a professional experience is maintained.
The Team Mentor will be responsible to complete operational requirements in a timely manner to ensure business operations are able to be assessed and reported against on a month-to-month basis.
In addition, the purpose of this role is to use your experience and field of expertise to support clients, focus on their goals and how they want them to be achieved by effectively managing and utilising rosters with the team’s capacity.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To assist your team by undertaking scheduling and rostering for a 4 week cycle, being the central coordinating person for rostering with Key Workers being the primary liaison with clients but ensuring that allocation of workers and roster scheduling wherever possible reflects the client’s wishes.
- Preparation for and chairing regular team meetings, documentation, publication and follow up of action items
- Ensure organisational policy is effectively implemented across the team’s service
- Daily monitoring of records being maintained by workers for progress notes, support plans, risk assessments, medication charts, goal progression tools through the Stream Services web platform, payroll timesheets and SharePoint folders
- To promote, implement and support a culture of to person-centred planning within the team in close collaboration with people receiving services, families, NDIS Support Coordinators and Allied Health practitioners
- Ensure training and information is provided to staff to carry out their functions in accordance with NDIS practice standards and organisational policies /framework
Responsibilities towards team tasks
- Monitor and ensure completed progress notes at the end of a shifts.
- Actively supporting the development and regular reviewing of the service plans with your team in collaboration with people receiving services, families, NDIS Support Coordinators and Allied Health practitioners
- Be aware of each client’s care and support plan and goals, ensuring this is reviewed regularly with the client and is up to date
- Support team members to take part in training, as an individual or the team, arranged by Stream Services.
- Certificate III in Individualised Supports, or higher
- Experience as a senior practitioner in the community sector (desirable)
- Experience of customer care / handling complaints / problem-solving
- Experience in at home disability support and community support delivery (desirable)
- Demonstrated experience working with NDIS participants (desirable)
- Demonstrated experience working with the NDIS Practice Standards with the Core and High Intensity Daily Personal Activities modules (desirable)
- Demonstrated experience working with Cloud-based technology.
- Experience working in or with people living in isolated community settings (desirable)
- Ability to listen
- Feels responsible for participants’ results
- Outcomes orientated
- Team player
- Goal oriented
- Feels responsible for team results
To apply, please email a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, or fill out the form below